Resource: Watershed Watch Salmon Society Annual Report – 2014/2015
We are advocates for B.C.’s wild salmon and the waters they swim in. For 17 years Watershed Watch has been exposing threats to salmon and their habitats, calling for conservation action, and promoting solutions.
How We Do It:
- Scientific Expertise – working with scientists from universities, other non-profits, governments, First Nations, and the private sector.
- Strategic Alliances – partnering with like-minded groups to amplify our power.
- Bearing Witness – with boots on the ground, eyes on the water, and a seat at the tables that influence wild salmon management.
- Public Engagement – informing citizens, engaging with them, and providing tools for effective advocacy.
- Balance – taking a reasonable, solutions-based approach to difficult issues, and putting improvement before ideals.
- Courage – not shying away from holding government, industry, and others to account.