Fraser Voice celebrates Canadian Water Week with Art in Maple Ridge!
Fraser Voice, Watershed Watch’s outreach project in the Fraser Valley, is hosting a community gathering with a focus on art and all that inspires an appreciation for water in Maple Ridge and the surrounding communities. The event will take place on World Water Day, March 22 from 1:00-4:00pm.
Everyone is welcome to come and celebrate your appreciation of fresh water and wild spaces at Our Home Waters. This community gathering highlights local artists inspired by our local waters in beautiful Maple Ridge.
- You want to see our local waterways re-imagined by local artists
- You want to participate in a collaborative community art project
- You want to participate in an eco-inspired Open Mic either by sharing your spoken words or by being an active audience member (all ages, all genres)
- The kids want to make cool eco-art
- You appreciate our rivers, lakes, forests and all the humming, buzzing, cawing, splashing and howling that happens
Featured Local Artists:
- Zena’s Gluten Free Bakery: http://zenasglutenfree.com/
- Kanaka Creek Coffee (coffee donation): http://www.kanakacreekcoffee.com/
- Bruce’s Country Market (for the gift card prizes) : http://bruces.ca/
- Starbucks @ Dewdney Trunk Road and 240th Street (gift hamper): http://www.starbucks.ca/
- Coopers Foods: http://www.coopersfoods.com/
Refreshments provided. Donations accepted ($5-$15).
River’s Heritage Center, Alouette River Management Society
24959 Alouette Road, Allco Park
Maple Ridge, British Columbia
For more information contact: Lina Azeez, 604-537-2341 or email@example.com
A special thank you to the Alouette River Management Society for hosting Our Home Waters at their beautiful location in Allco Park!